- Before you start waxing, paint your piece of furniture, working your brush every which way. You don’t want to apply too much pressure. What you’re aiming for is even coverage. Here Annie has used Paris Grey.
- Allow the paint to dry.
- Using an Chalk Paint® Wax Brush or a lint-free cloth, apply Chalk Paint® Wax. Work in large areas, sweeping the wax over the paint.
- You are aiming to cover every bit of paint. Check that you haven’t missed any sections. Go over them with wax, if so.
- Using a lint-free cloth, go over the waxed surface quite lightly in order to remove any excess wax.
- *Optional* If you’d like a polished finish, leave your piece overnight and buff the wax the next day with a clean, lint-free cloth.
- Whilst Chalk Paint® Wax will be dry within 24 hours, it can take up to 2 weeks to cure (fully harden). You can use the piece during this time, but just with a little caution.
How to use Chalk Paint® Wax
Waxing painted furniture is easy - follow Annie Sloan's top tips for applying Chalk Paint® Wax and able to enjoy a finish that will last and last.