- Remove any hardware from your furniture if possible. Annie has removed the handles from this side cabinet.
- With Chalk Paint® by Annie Sloan, there’s no need for priming or sanding! Just make sure the piece is clean, wiped down with no harsh chemicals.
- Stir your chosen Chalk Paint® colour. Here Annie has used Old White.
- Dip you brush in, and apply paint straight onto furniture. Paint in every direction and all over the piece.
- Wait for the first coat to be touch dry. Depending on your climate, this could be 1-3 hours. Once dry, apply a second coat in the same manner.
- Wait for the paint to be fully dry. Next, apply the wax in the same manner as the paint. Use a brush or lint-free cloth to apply in all directions. Work in sections so you know where you’ve been!
- Once applied, use a lint-free cloth to remove any excess wax. Do not rub too hard, as you could remove the wax all together.
- And that’s it, finished. You can use the piece of furniture as soon as the wax is touch dry, but please note it will take up to 2 weeks to reach its full hardness (known as the ‘curing period’). During this time please be careful with the piece.
How to use Chalk Paint® by Annie Sloan – A Beginner’s Guide
Welcome to the beginner's guide to Chalk Paint®! Learn the basics of painting furniture with Annie Sloan.