- Paint your piece of outdoor furniture with Chalk Paint® – here Annie has used Giverny.
- Give the Lacquer a good stir. You can use either a Matt or Gloss finish, here Annie is using Matt Chalk Paint® Lacquer. Decant the Lacquer into a paint tray (if desired).
- Using a Chalk Paint® Brush, apply Lacquer all over the chair. Make sure to fully cover the chair, not just the bits you can see. This will ensure complete protection from the elements.
- Top tip: start by painting the chair upside down – this will make covering every surface easier.
- Once completed, wait for a few hours for the Lacquer to dry. Then do a second coat of the Lacquer, making sure to wash your brush between coats to save it!
- Make sure the Lacquer has had time to fully cure (up to 2 weeks) before subjecting it to the rain and elements outside.
How to Protect Outdoor Furniture with Chalk Paint® Lacquer
Chalk Paint® Lacquer by Annie Sloan is perfect for use outdoors. Discover Annie's top tips and technical info on how to apply her Lacquer to furniture for the garden.