- Paint the marble with your chosen Chalk Paint® colour using a Chalk Paint® Brush. Here Annie has chosen Paris Grey. The first coat is applied quite thinly, with brush strokes in every direction.
- Leave to dry for a couple of hours.
- Apply the second coat of Chalk Paint®, again relatively thinly. Use a light touch and feather the brush strokes on the paint to create a smooth finish. You can also achieve this look with the Annie Sloan Flat Brushes.
- *Optional: if you would like an extremely smooth finish, you can sand the paint once it is dry using the Annie Sloan Sanding Pads in fine grade.
- Once dry, wax as you would any other piece of furniture using Clear Chalk Paint® Wax and a Chalk Paint® Wax Brush.
How to Paint over Marble with Chalk Paint®
Annie shows you how to paint a marble surface using Chalk Paint®. Painting marble isn't something everyone will want to do, but it's a brilliant way to update a piece if you don't like the colour!