- Add a little water to your chosen paint colour. Here, Annie has used Provence. You can do this in a bowl or paint tray, if you like. You want to dilute the paint until its quite transparent. To make sure you have got the amount of water right, it’s a good idea to test this out on an unseen bit of the fabric first.
- Mark out the area that you want to paint using masking tape.
- Dip your brush in the diluted paint and wipe off any excess on the side of your bowl or tray.
- Paint your fabric, making sure the surface is evenly covered.
- Remove the masking tape.
- Once dry, heat seal either by ironing or putting it out in the sun or by tumble drying.
How to Paint Fabric with Chalk Paint®
Annie Sloan demonstrates just how easy it is to create a dye wash to paint fabric using Chalk Paint®.