- Create your dye by adding 1 tablespoon of Chalk Paint® to roughly 1 litre of tepid water in a bucket or large bowl. Stir thoroughly to ensure the paint is completely dispersed. Here, Annie has used Aubusson Blue.
- Dip your fabric into the dye and agitate the fabric until the whole piece is evenly dyed.
- Do not leave the fabric to soak. Remove from the water and leave to drip-dry outdoors or next to a heater.
- Once completely dry, iron or tumble dry the fabric to seal the colour. Do not use salt, this tends to increase colour bleed.
- You can then wash your material on a 30ºC wash with no colour loss. NB. if you use a stronger quantity of paint in your dye, there might be more colour lose when washed.
How to Dip Dye Fabric with Chalk Paint®
Dip dyeing with Chalk Paint® is a great way to completely change the colour of fabric, whether small or large.