by Lucy Tiffney
Interior designer Lucy Tiffney painted this botanical style cabinet using Detail Brushes and Chalk Paint® by Annie Sloan for The Colourist Issue 1.
Interior designer Lucy Tiffney’s unique painterly style has seen her create wallpapers of bold, exotic design. For Annie’s Bookazine, The Colourist, Lucy translated her pattern repeats into a bold, graphic painted design on a chest of drawers, using Chalk Paint® and Detail Brushes!
You will need:
• 1 x 120ml Chalk Paint® in Graphite
• 1 x 120ml Chalk Paint® in Aubusson Blue
• A selection of Chalk Paint® colours, for example Antibes Green, Provence, Emperor’s Silk, Cream, Barcelona Orange, Scandinavian Pink and Henrietta
• 1x 120ml Clear Chalk Paint® Wax
• 1x Detail Brushes
• 1x Small Chalk Paint® Brush
• 1x Large Chalk Paint® Wax Brush
• 1 x Sanding Pads
• 1x MixMat
• 1x lint-free cloth
• 1x jug of water
First, Lucy painted the chest in a mix of Chalk Paint® in Graphite and Aubusson Blue. She then used Detail Brushes and Chalk Paint® in a bright palette of Antibes Green, Emperor’s Silk, Old Ochre, Barcelona Orange, Scandinavian Pink, Henrietta and Provence to add her floral designs. She also mixed many of these colours together to create the perfect shade for her piece. Her inspiration was drawn from her wallpaper designs; examples of which you can see hanging behind this piece.
Lucy sanded the paint back to create a distressed look and then finished the piece with Clear Chalk Paint® Wax to seal in all that beautiful work.
To see Lucy Tiffney’s range of wallpaper, click here.