This intermediate workshop is a follow-up to our Techniques 1 course and very rewarding if you want to learn a lot more. Using a wide range of products from the Annie Sloan line, not only will you get a refresher on the basics, but we will also teach you popular advanced techniques such as color blending, Annie’s ’Rough Luxe’ finish, gilding with metal leaf, and much more!
During the Techniques II workshop you will learn:
- Color blending, allowing you to beautifully fade one color into another
- Dry brushing to highlight edges, corners and other raised details
- Gilding with Gold Size and metal leaf
- Frottage, a wonderful technique for overlaying colors to get a nice organic or weathered effect on all types of surfaces
- Random stenciling using a stencil brush
- Making a very fine line clear crackled varnish finish with Annie Sloan Craqueleur
- Annie Sloan’s textural ‘Rough Luxe’ finish, suitable for walls, large garden pots, etc.
- How to make a custom colored wax when our existing waxes just won’t do
You will apply the above techniques to a wooden plank which you can then use for yourself as a mood board. After the workshop, you can, of course, also apply all these techniques ‘on a larger scale’ to furniture, etc.
For this workshop it is useful if you have experience with the techniques taught in our Techniques I course.
All materials are provided, and you can enjoy a 10% discount on the entire line of Annie Sloan products the day of the workshop. This is a hands-on workshop, please come dressed to paint!
The fee for this workshop is $95; prepayment is required. Approx. 2.5 – 3 hours. Spaces are limited to allow for proper COVID social distancing.