Bring your own small piece of furniture or wooden kitchen cabinet door to paint in our creative studio space. Using our materials and tools, we will walk you through the process to a finished piece or updating your kitchen.
What we cover:
- Surface prep and when it’s needed
- Basic paint application
- Optional light distressing
- Applying Clear Wax
- Accenting with a colored wax
- Bring a small piece of furniture (with a footprint NO LARGER than 24″ x 20″) or a small wooden kitchen cabinet door. You must be able to carry your piece in by yourself, unassisted and in one trip. Suggestions are a small side table, or perhaps a cupboard door or drawer from a larger piece you’d like to paint at home. No chairs, mirrors or glass please!
We reserve the right to refuse pieces too large for completion in this workshop and will reschedule you for another date.
- This workshop is for wooden furniture or cabinets only. Due to extra drying time requirements, laminate, melamine, ceramic and metal surfaces are not allowed.
- Pieces that have slats, multiple spindles, or shutters take a lot time! Best to avoid bringing them.
- You will choose ONE Chalk Paint® color from our fabulous 45 color choices. Sorry, no custom color mixing or layering colors in this class (you can learn those techniques in our Techniques I workshop).
All materials are provided, and you can enjoy a 10% discount on the entire line of Annie Sloan products the day of the workshop. This is a hands-on workshop, please come dressed to paint!
The fee for this class is $95, prepayment is required.