- Sand the surface with medium-grit paper to smooth out any prominent textures.
- Water down your paint and apply it smoothly and evenly with a brush in the same direction as the grain.
- *Optional* When the paint is dry, use fine sandpaper – 600-grit or higher – to buff the finished surface.
- Apply Clear Chalk Paint® Wax with a lint-free cloth or brush, working the wax into the paint like hand cream and removing any excess as you go.
- Want to know more? Each Annie Sloan Stockist can offer you workshops and practical advice on these and other techniques from the Annie Sloan Method.
How to Create a Smooth, Modern Finish
Chalk Paint® is not only suitable to create a distressed finish. With a few simple steps you can achieve a smooth, modern finish.