Manufacturing our paint in-house gives us almost complete control over the environmental impact of the process. Here are just some of the steps taken by us to ensure it’s at a minimum:
- We schedule the perfect batch sizes to reduce excess; and monitor the ingredients of each and every tin of paint, making sure no unnecessary steps have been involved in its production.
- We source only the finest raw materials to manufacture our paint, from suppliers here in the UK and in Europe that match our commitment to sustainable paint manufacture and production.
- We have a programme of regular paint formula updates to ensure they’re made using the most up-to-date, highest-quality, and of course, eco-friendly, ingredients.
- We recycle our liquid waste, reworking any small amounts of surplus paint generated throughout the manufacturing process into other batches of paint. We also reuse the water used to clean our equipment (in place of harmful chemicals) several times, before using a specialist liquid recycling company to remove it.
- Making our paint in-house reduces the need for excess transportation of the product. Keep reading to find out more about why this is so important.
Made in Oxford
Some other paint companies that claim to be “eco-friendly,” actually toll manufacture their paint. This means they employ third-party factories, sometimes in other countries, to manufacture their paint for them, and then transport it by HGV, often across hundreds of miles, to distribution centres in the UK. From here, it can even be sent on to further distribution centres in other parts of the country, all before it reaches the customer. This practice of repeated, excess transportation can have a huge environmental impact, no matter the ingredients of the paint.
But if you buy online from us at Annie Sloan here in the UK, you can be sure that the paint you receive is made in our on-site factory in Oxford and shipped to you directly from here too! Prefer to purchase at your local UK stockist? You guessed it. The paint on their shelves is also made on-site in Oxford and sent to them from here, too! This one-site model for UK distribution reduces the carbon footprint of our paint. We even recently moved to manufacturing our Wall Paint in-house for this reason. Because changes like this make an impact, and that impact matters.