by Lucy Tiffney
Interior designer Lucy Tiffney painted this botanical style cabinet using Detail Brushes and Chalk Paint by Annie Sloan for The Colourist Issue 3.
Interior designer Lucy Tiffney’s unique painterly style has seen her create wallpapers of bold, exotic design. For Annie’s Bookazine, The Colourist, Lucy translated her pattern repeats into a bold, graphic painted design on a chest of drawers, using Chalk Paint and Detail Brushes!
You will need:
• 1 x 120ml Chalk Paint in Graphite
• 1 x 120ml Chalk Paint in Aubusson Blue
• A selection of Chalk Paint colours, for example Antibes Green, Provence, Emperor’s Silk, Cream, Barcelona Orange, Scandinavian Pink and Henrietta
• 1x 120ml Clear Chalk Paint Wax
• 1x Detail Brushes
• 1x Small Chalk Paint Brush
• 1x Large Chalk Pain Wax Brush
• 1 x Sanding Pads
• 1x MixMat
• 1x lint-free cloth
• 1x jug of water
First, Lucy painted the chest in a mix of Chalk Paint in Graphite and Aubusson Blue. She then used Detail Brushes and Chalk Paint in a bright palette of Antibes Green, Emperor’s Silk, Old Ochre, Barcelona Orange, Scandinavian Pink, Henrietta and Provence to add her floral designs. She also mixed many of these colours together to create the perfect shade for her piece. Her inspiration was drawn from her wallpaper designs; examples of which you can see hanging behind this piece.