The basic principles of working with paint and waxes are taught, as well as how to integrate these techniques into furniture decorating. You do not need to be artistic or creative to take part in the workshops and create beautiful furniture. All you need is a paint brush and the desire to explore and be free!
- Colour basics and understanding the Annie Sloan colour chart
- How to achieve a distressed look
- How to achieve a smooth, modern finish
- How to layer Chalk Paint
- How to seal Chalk Paint using waxes & lacquers
- Gold leaf & Gilding
- Image transfer (transferring a photo onto furniture)
- Crackle and glazed looks
All of this is taught interactively through demonstration boards. We also troubleshoot all questions relating to furniture painting.
Full lunch will be provided so please let me know if you have any dietary requirements.
Please wear old, warm clothes. You are invited to bring your own mask, but we will also have masks on site. It is up to you if you would like to wear your own gloves or aprons.
We are striving to implement Covid-19 guidelines to protect your safety and our own, and greatly appreciate your cooperation