mit Burgundy und Vergoldungwachs
Painted with Chalk Paint® and Gilding Wax, these bottle candle holders make for the perfect Christmas table accessory and are easy to create.
These candle holders are the perfect finishing touch to your Christmas dinner table settings. Annie opted for a palette of rich jewel toned hues but you can use whichever Chalk Paint® colour best suits your Christmas theme and your existing décor. You can mix your own bespoke shade or it can be a great way to use up leftover tins from previous projects.
These candle holders are all about using what you already have rather than buying mass-produced festive ephemera which only gets used once because it’s flimsy, it doesn’t suit next year’s theme, or it just seems to disappear in the loft between one year and the next! Reusing and recycling old glass bottles into stunning tableware is also a fun Christmas activity in itself.
You will need:
• Glass Bottle
• Chalk Paint® in Burgundy – 120ml tin
• Bright Gold Annie Sloan Gilding Wax
• Warm Gold Annie Sloan Gilding Wax
• Clear Chalk Paint® Wax – 120ml tin
• Small Flat Brush
• Stencil Brush
• Lint-free cloth
• Masking tape
• Taper candle
4. Take a Stencil Brush and using a stippling motion apply Gilding Wax in a mix of Bright and Warm gold from the point where the masking tape meets the Chalk Paint® and down. Pack your brush with Gilding Wax when closest to the top then clean the brush off to apply further down for an ombre effect. The stencil brush will give extra texture. Use a lint-free cloth to blend the Wax out and if you’ve been too heavy handed with your gilding Wax you can use Clear Chalk Paint® Wax to remove some.
5. Finally, remove the masking tape and allow the waxes to touch-dry before use. Add a candle and let it burn for a little to achieve the dripped wax-effect.