This beginner workshop is a thorough introduction to the basics of painting with the amazing and versatile Chalk Paint® by Annie Sloan. During this workshop we will teach you all the basic techniques and some various extra skills to get started with Chalk Paint®. On a solid wood panel, you will practice painting a variety of the most popular finishes, learn how to easily mix your own custom paint colors, and be introduced to Annie’s Gilding Waxes. Furthermore, the technique of finishing with Chalk Paint® Wax is extensively discussed.
During the Techniques I workshop you will learn:
- All about surface prep and when it’s needed
- How to select the right brush
- The basics of painting with Chalk Paint®
- Painting smooth and ultra-smooth single-color finishes, a two-colored distressed finish, and a textured finish that can add interest to an otherwise plain surface
- How to enhance or adjust your finish with a color wash
- Mixing your own custom paint colors
- Basic waxing techniques
- Using the different colored Chalk Paint® Waxes
- Applying Gilding Wax to add beautiful metallic accents to edges and details
- The importance of letting your finish cure
- How to care for your finish afterwards
At the end of the workshop, you will go home with your own mood board and a wealth of valuable information with which you can get started easily! As an extra bonus you will also receive a Chalk Paint® Colour Card and a pack of Annie Sloan’s washable Sanding Pads.
This workshop is ideal if you have never worked with Chalk Paint® before and/or want to know what you can do with it!
All materials are provided, and as an introduction we are giving a 10% discount on the entire line of Annie Sloan products the day of the workshop. This is a hands-on workshop, please come dressed to paint!
The fee for this workshop is $95; prepayment is required. Approx. 2.5 – 3 hours. Spaces are limited to allow for proper COVID social distancing.
Do you want to learn even more painting techniques? Be sure to check out our follow-up Annie Sloan workshops, Techniques II and Techniques III. If you follow all three Techniques workshops, they together form the Annie Sloan Masterclass, and you will have mastered the most used techniques.